Friday, August 8, 2008

Just one of those days...

So I gotta say, I'm sick and tired of people prosecuting me! In Alex's words, "It's not prosecute babe, it's persecute." I find it funny how when people find out what you're doing and they don't approve and it's not in their standard of living, they have so much to say. Hey everyone, just for your information, I only eat RAW foods as well as Alex too. We're doing this together. It may seem a little weird for those of you who are unaware, or I better word it better, UN-educated about the whole scene of a Raw foodist, but please keep your comments to yourself and instead of saying things that I may take to heart, why not just say nothing at all. I get the usual from my mother, "You need to eat meat, you're getting way too skinny." Just to let you know, I will be losing all that mucus that has been building up in my body for the past 24 years, so yes the mucus will slowly sometimes fastly deteriorate, so yes I will look skinny to you, but it's not skinny it's just out of the ordinary so there will be judgements made. I am getting all the proteins, vitamins, and nutrients that I need and No I am not sick, I'll be sure to let you know when I'm sick, but as of right now, I'm not sick and I feel great! Greater than ever in 24 years!
It's been a little over a month now and we're still going strong. As bizarre as it may sound I don't care much for cooked food. As long as I know exactly what cooked food is going to do to my body I stay away. Today was one of those days I have to say though, I felt emotionally traumatized, stressed out, and just didn't want to do anything, due to the fact of a variety of situations that happened today. Firstly I was disappointed to find out that our book, The Mucusless Diet Healing System, which I lend to a friend to borrow, got quickly taken to goodwill...after all that searching and waiting for the book and to lose it in an instant. I have to remember though I still gotta have hope. That book was introduced to us, Alex and I through a friend who's introduced us to this whole lifestyle. It was just sad, frustrating, and confusing to know that the book now sits on the shelves of some goodwill store! But hey it can also be a good thing, someone new could buy the book and also be inspired by Professor Ehret's words. I hope it will find purpose to someone who comes across it:)
Other manini incidents that happened today are all through with and I have to let them go, but today I can honestly say that cooked food is emotional. I just wanted to devour a plate lunch. You know that feeling when something happens and you're so emotionally attacked you don't know what to do, but you know you just want to do something bad?!! When this happened to me in the past I would go out and drink, funny how times have changed and now I want to eat a plate lunch. Ha!!! Hawaiian food would've done the trick. Big fat laulau, kalua pig and cabbage, poi, pipikaula, lomi salmon, squid luau, chicken long rice, and hey lets not forget the maui onion, raw fish and hawaiian salt. This would've done the trick for sure! It sure would've made me feel GREAT, after eating I probably would've been complaining all night how my stomach is sore and bloated and how I feel constipated! Thank God I didn't step down to this level, I'll be thankful tomorrow when I'm hiking koko head. For this same reason, feeling the affects on your body, I don't go out and get drunk anymore. First of all I probably would drink until I was belligerently drunk, wouldn't remember what happened, acted like a fool, and the next morning I will be presented with a gift of a hangover, for all of you who haven't been here, a pounding headache and a craving for the greasiest food ever!
I'm stronger than that. No more turning to alcohol to rescue me from my petty little problems.
How I solve my problems today, now, tonight, right this minute, I can't wait to dig into some comfort food: A nice big salad, guacamole, and RAW sushi!!!!!!!!
We're always going to have days like these, just remember it's how you handle it that matters. Be strong and never give up.
Love you guys.

1 comment:

Kaina & Justine said...

Oh my gosh...I totally just had "one of those days"! I just got in from LA, realized my camera (with pictures of all of our raw meals we've made on it) was left on the plane! :( Still haven't gotten it back, but I'm optimistic it'll find it's way back to us. BUT...for the past 3 hours I've been totally bummed about it and honestly felt like a anything un-raw would've done the trick and I would've miraculously made me feel better. AND I was oh so very tempted to get a soy latte from Starbucks while I was at Ala Moana!!! But, like you Lahiki thought about it and knew I was stronger than that, and am thanking God I didn't cave! Kaina and I made a commitment not to have anything cooked until Sept. 1st, we pretty much went raw cold turkey on Aug. 1st...I'm hoping by Sept. our bodies won't be craving pizza & hawaiian food anymore! haha
Thanks for creating this blog! Hopefully I get my camera back so we can share some pictures too!
Hope to see you guys soon!
God Bless...